1. Why were the ancient Olympics initially organised?
The ancient Olympucs were initially organised as part of a religious festival to honour the leader of the Greek gods Zeus.
2. How and when did the modern Olympics begin?
Pierre de Coubertin, a French educator and historian, believed that coming together to play sports would encourage peace amongst the world countries. He begun the first modern Olympic Games in Athens, Greece, in 1896.
3. Why were athletes originally given olive wreaths as a reward?
The athletes were originally given olive wreaths as a reward because the olive leaves were taken from the Olympia olive trees near the temple of Greek god Zeus.
4. Why do you think women were not allowed to participate in the ancient Olympics?
I think the womens are not allowed to participate in the ancient times Olympics because they were like not really respected and they are like second class people and slaves.
5. Why is a flame lit at the modern Olympics? Where does the flame come from?
The flame is lit at the modern onlympics because of the start of the games and peace between countries. The flame is then passed on from torch to torch until it reaches the location of the games.